Visit Our Remedial Massage & Myotherapy Clinic in Frankston
Myotherapy & Remedial Massage for the treatment of soft tissue structures.
Myotherapy and Remedial Massage Therapy treatment is applied in the preventative, corrective and rehabilitative phases of therapy to restore and maintain the normal integrity of soft tissue structures (muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia) of the human body.
Our sports massage professionals can relieve various different injuries
Here at TSIC, we are proud to offer our state of the art care to the greater community. We understand that injury and pain can occur just as much through every day activities as it can through playing a spot, which is why our team treats every client with a personalised care plan. Common conditions treated and managed can include the following (click on each link for further information on your pain or injury):
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Acute and chronic muscular conditions
- Arthritis and inflammatory conditions
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndrome
- Golfers and tennis elbow
- Hip Bursitis
- Impingement conditions: thoracic outlet syndrome, facet joint dysfunction, hip impingement or shoulder impingement
- Knee Pain (including patella-femoral joint pain, lateral knee pain and ITB friction syndrome)
- Lumbar (lower back pain) (including disc injury and strain)
- Neck Pain
- Plantar fasciitis, hamstring complaints, shin splints, compartment syndrome
- Postural dysfunction – structural or functional
- Pregnancy Massage for pre & post-natal aches and pains / breastfeeding postural pain
- Rotator cuff injury, frozen shoulder
- Sacroiliac dysfunction, sciatic pain
- TMJ Dysfunction; jaw pain
Frequently asked questions about remedial massage
Do I need to get a referral from a Physiotherapist or a GP?
No. Simply phone The Sports Injury Clinic on 9783 9990 and speak to our friendly reception staff who will arrange a treatment time that suits you.
Can I claim through my Private Health provider?
Yes. Our services are claimable under private health rebates for Remedial Massage & Myotherapy. Rebates are based on your level of cover and annual limit.
What does a Myotherapist/Remedial Massage Therapist do?
A typical treatment session can be either 30, 45 or 60 minutes long. At The Sports Injury Clinic, our experienced therapists use a range of techniques to achieve maximum results in consultation with the client. These may include:
- Soft Tissue mobilisation
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Thermal Therapies
- Practitioner Assisted Stretches
- Sports Taping and Postural Taping
- Dry Needling
- Vacuum Cupping
What is Dry Needling?
Dry needling is a technique used for the treatment of muscular pain and dysfunction in both acute and chronic conditions. The technique involves inserting a fine, sterile acupuncture needle into the trigger points (hyperirritable spots) of the affected muscles. When trigger points are active within the muscles they can cause motor dysfunction, local tenderness and pain that radiates to other regions of the body.
What is Vacuum Cupping?
Cupping is derived from Traditional Chinese Medicine which is based on the belief that conditions such as asthma, common cold, skin conditions, chronic pain and musculoskeletal problems stem from imbalances in the body's life force or chi (energy flow).
Pain and tightness in the body can be a sign of bundled up muscle fibres or fascia. Cupping is an effective technique which may be used to relieve such factors.
Book your appointment today!
Don't suffer with uncomfortable pain and soreness anymore. Contact our reception staff to book an appointment with one of our experienced therapists today.
(*These services are claimable through selected private health funds)